Welcome to the start of our week to promote health protection and increase its visibility within nursing and midwifery practice.
This short blog is just to provide a pointer for what we have coming up today and some things you may want to book for later in the week.
Today is about introducing the subject, getting discussions started and our enthusiasm flowing. To do this I would urge you to:
· Check out Viv Bennett’s introductory blog and one from Joanne Bosanquet on the PHE website.
· Check out the great article in the Nursing Standard ‘Health Protection is Everyone’s Business’ ( Feb 19 Vol 28 No 25 edition )
· Join us on Twitter #NMProtectHealth
Out on the road, we have Pauline Watts, our Professional Officer for Health Visiting, joining South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Children, Young People and Family services team. While Ben Thomas, our Professional Officer for Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Dementia, will be at the 'Time to Change' Mental Health Roundtable Event in London.
Things to plan for:
Tues, 25th Feb
· 3.30pm-4.30pm RCN Webinar Rose Gallagher, Nurse Advisor Infection Prevention and Control:Webinar on – Infection control and antimicrobial resistance (Places are limited so please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place)
Wed, 26th Feb
· 3.30pm-4.30pm Helen Donovan, RCN Public Health nursing Adviser and Dr Helen Bedford Senior Lecturer ICH:Webinar on – ‘Current policy in immunisations and vaccinations’ (Places are limited so please e-mail email@example.com to book a place)
Fri, 28th Feb
· 10.30am-11.30am Webinar on Health Protection for 0-19yrs – hosted by Wendy Nicholson, DH Nursing Officer for School and Community Nursing (Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request details -Limited spaces, so first come; first served) Webinar Agenda 28 Feb